Certification Process for Embedded Systems and Avionics Applications
Comprise an introduction to contemporary avionics systems, including Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) and their certification.
To understand the certification processes of aircraft systems.
To distinguish the various standards and the regulations of the embedded systems.
To apply the concepts of certification in the design of aeronautical systems;
To identify the various steps of software and hardware design.
For experienced engineers (system, software, quality) in aerospace discipline,
60% Lectures and discussions; 20% Case Studies; 20% Exercises
- Introduction and History of Aircraft Certification
- Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Developing a Plan to Certify Using DO-178B
- Quality Assurance for Avionics Systems
- Integration of Embedded Avionics
- Validation and Verification Testing
- Criticality Levels (Advisory Circular 20-152)
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis
- Practical Testing and Certification Basis
- Procedures for New concepts
- Technical Standards Orders
- Supplemental Type Certificates